Coincidence Control Network: File #048 – An Alien and a Beer

Published on July 2nd, 2013

ccn48image 2

This week: We go bumper length to stem the patience of our listeners…*cough*…Canadians are awesome, drink driving goes Cronenberg, More booze antics, Overdoses for sale, Bilderbergorama, Jon Lajoie is awesome, Activism is the new black, The return of Occupy?, The NSA read all of Kim’s dirty emails, and eyeball licking.

Play

• Occupy Again – Link Link Link
  • A History of NSA Spying – Link
  • Prize for Episode 50 is sorted – Link

Interludes:

Dissolved, Yppah, and Jon Lajoie

About Coincidence Control Network

Coincidence Control Network is a weekly show that examines emerging countercultures, fringe science, magickal happenings, and other strange blips on the social landscapes that we all occupy.

Related Posts

Comments

1. Posted by Stein on July 6th, 2013, 03:42 [Reply]

Hi!

Long time listener and first time commenter (or whatevs). I love what ya’ll have been doing and continue to do with CCN and between you, Out There Radio and the Viking Youth I get my weird counterculture podcast fix (though sometimes I need to relisten to tide me over). I really believe that people deserve to be told when they’re doing something awesome, so I guess that’s what I’m doin’. I never got to write RAW a “thank you email” before he died, but I try to make up for it by thanking all the cool people I like for making all the awesome stuff they do.

So thanks :)

Keep on keepin’ on

2. Posted by Ken Eakins on July 6th, 2013, 21:04 [Reply]

Hey thanks man. You kind words are like water on our desert of appreciation ;)

3. Posted by Kim on July 7th, 2013, 16:21 [Reply]

Looks like the days of me using pseudonyms and posting my own praise might finally be behind me.

Thanks Stein.

4. Posted by Joe Nolan on July 9th, 2013, 03:49 [Reply]

Thanks, Stein. It’s all fun and games when we’re recording, but it does take a fair amount of attention and energy to keep something like this going so all the positive words we get are always appreciated. Thanks for listening and taking the time to share your thoughts!

5. Posted by Gary on July 13th, 2013, 16:07 [Reply]

Since you guys keep complaining you don’t get any visitors, thought I’d drop you a love filled e-bomb on the site. I dig the show, because occasionally, when I listen at work, my attention drifts off. But when I come back, it doesn’t really matter… because none of the things you talk about are connected anyway! (Unless I havn’t cracked the code yet)

Also, Joe’s laugh sounds like Tyler Durden.

Cheers guys, love the show.

6. Posted by Kim on July 14th, 2013, 13:38 [Reply]

Thanks Gary.We have all become particularly whiny and neurotic recently and all this soothing balm-like attention has really taken the edge off. Don’t worry about not paying attention all the way through. None of us do either.

7. Posted by Shpunkel on July 23rd, 2013, 21:43 [Reply]

Stop saying see you next week you bastards. You can’t just fuck me like this and then leave. I want some commitment for gods sake.

8. Posted by Kim on July 25th, 2013, 09:50 [Reply]

Bring torches and an angry mob Shpunkel or you don’t get shit.

You spam, you die.