Coincidence Control Network: File #044 – Beware The Nolaghan

Published on March 24th, 2013

ccnimg

This week: The death of heavy metal, Mc Donalds deviant prophylactics, Wholefoods’ GMO revolution, plagues of locusts on the roach-coach, and much more.

Personnel –   Joe Nolan, and Kim Monaghan

Play

Links:

• Is nothing sacred – Link

• Twilight fail – Link

• Weiwei metal – Link

• Just an average bus ride – Link

• Just an average trip to McDonalds – Link

• The Original Cypherpunk Manifesto Link

• Whole Foods will label GMO foods Link

• Plague of Locusts hits Israel Link

Interludes:

About Ken Eakins

Ken Eakins is a Freelance Journalist, Academic, and Videographer from the UK. Ken started SittingNow in 2007 as a repository for all the esoteric and underground stuff that he enjoys researching. The map is not the territory!

Related Posts

Comments

1. Posted by Kim on March 24th, 2013, 19:31 [Reply]

What the fuck is a “provelactic” ? Is it used to confirm the presence of lactose or lactic acid ? Or is it like a prophylactic ?

2. Posted by Jo on March 25th, 2013, 03:24 [Reply]

OMG I neeeeed to be touched by the NOlahan!

3. Posted by Ken Eakins on March 26th, 2013, 08:26 [Reply]

Thanks Kim, I appreciate your input…your very public input.

4. Posted by Kim on March 26th, 2013, 18:00 [Reply]

It’s not me Ken it’s an imposter who is also very rude to you in public. I hope to meet them one day.

Jo : Unless Joe Nolan agrees to the genetic splicing I am pushing for this will not happen.

5. Posted by Ken Eakins on March 27th, 2013, 20:00 [Reply]

You see how he/she highlighted the first half of the name? I think your half is going to be awkwardly trying to make conversation, while Joe’s gets all the action.

6. Posted by Kim on March 28th, 2013, 09:50 [Reply]

Jo, which part of Nolaghan is the most appealing to you ?

7. Posted by Jo on April 3rd, 2013, 00:56 [Reply]

The Nolaghan would have Joe’s dreamy voice and Kim’s great humour and love of cats. Also a hammer of some sort. You pick – Thor’s hammer of righteousness or Captain Hammer’s hammer.

8. Posted by Kim on April 4th, 2013, 13:59 [Reply]

That is an idealised version of what Nolaghan could be. It’s more likely to be a lethargic Dude like figure that never, ever shuts up.

What’s the hammer for ?

9. Posted by copylight on April 4th, 2013, 16:19 [Reply]

Just popping in to say that Jo is loveley but Kim needs to host. He is the shit. Why is Kim always the overused proxie fiddle?

Priddle.

10. Posted by Kim on April 7th, 2013, 13:52 [Reply]

The only place I could host this show would be into its grave but you’re right Jo is patently lovely.

11. Posted by rich on October 2nd, 2013, 21:06 [Reply]

Great show guys! I came for Mattheny, but I’ve stayed for the Monagholan. Mongolian.. Mungo.. Mungo Bungo.

I was so psyched to see the 51st show posted to Incunabula, for a while I didn’t see any there or at Alterati, so I was stoked to realize there were new episodes, and I’d have a nice chunk of back-issues to enjoy.

Congrats on the 50th show! whatever you set out to do seems to be working.

• Posted by Ken Eakins on October 7th, 2013, 08:20 [Reply]

I’ve noticed a severe lack of Ken-love of late. Am I the Scrappy Do of CCN these days?

• Posted by Ken Eakins on October 7th, 2013, 08:21 [Reply]

Oh wait, I’m not on this one….move along.

12. Posted by Kim on October 6th, 2013, 11:58 [Reply]

Mongolian it is. Thanks Rich.

You spam, you die.