Author opens bookstore that only sells his book
Published on May 20th, 2011
Here at SittingNow, we’re very fond of the DIY approach to marketing. This is the logical extreme. Via Laughing Squid:
To promote his new book Martian Summer, author Andrew Kessler opened Ed’s Martian Books, a New York City bookstore that only sells his new book, Martian Summer. The book is Kessler’s account of his time spent as a civilian observer of the NASA Mars Phoenix rover mission. The store is a rather clever marketing ploy–Kessler’s day job? Advertising.
- Alt-Vault: Freedom Downtime
Imagine one of your friends is arrested, given no trial, kept in solitary confinement for 8 months, and all he did was snoop around some computer systems. Then imagine that your friends […]
- Encyclopaedia Dramatica in crisis?
Today on my usual rounds of classic websites, I hit what is either a sad sad day for archiving drama...or a practical joke.
You see, it's hard to tell with ED, when you think […]
- Want to know what happened to Encyclopaedia Dramatica? We talk to Sherrod 'girlvinyl' DeGrippo of Encyclopaedia Dramatica about Oh Internet!, and the demise of ED.
- RIP Ray Bradbury I'd say that I was sad that Ray Bradbury was dead, but that wouldn't be true.
Obviously one of America's great writers, if Bradbury had only written The Martian Chronicles he'd be […]
- Serial Killers with a Smile?
Not really 'counter-culture' per se, but interesting and definitely weird.
Two retired New York detectives are hot on the track of what they believe to be a 'murder-club'. The […]